Tuesday 24 September 2013

Pages From My Sketchbook

This post is a little peak into my summer sketchbook I kept whilst I was in Villard de Lans last summer. Whenever I had a little bit of time, or saw something I really liked, out came the sketchbook! It's such a nice way to keep memories.

*I also managed to sneak in my beautiful super soft new blanket into a photo again. It's actually a scarf, but seeing as most blankets are over £100, and I am a student with a small part time job, this massive scarf was perfect for me! (It's from Zara if anyone wants one too.)





 Above is my little sketch of the view I had from my bedroom window & below is a pretty little shadow I found in a park which I traced & painted.


 

Above: My utterly delicious 'tarte aux mertilles'. (So difficult not to eat it whilst I was drawing...) And below is a little watercolour study I did whilst E & I paused in the shade during a walk.


HAPPY AUTUMN!! (my favourite time of the year)


Listening toooo: 'Grow Old with Me' by Tom Odell & 'We Come Together' by Goldfish



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketches...I like your idea of mixed media with the dried flowers, photographs, and hand drawn sketches. Makes me want to start a new sketch book too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much, I hope you make a sketchbook/scrapbook too, I'm sure you'll love itxx

      Delete
  2. I love your sketches, they are beautiful!! It's a nice way to remember your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Paprika, I absolutely love your sketch book! Beautiful watercolour shades :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I love the look of watercolour so I just keep practicing now!xx

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful oh my god you amazing at drawing! I love the thought of painting your surroundings and memories :)
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love remembering things through sketches, thank you!!xx

      Delete
  5. These are divine, Joanna. Your ability to sketch so well is truly remarkable. I love it when bloggers like you showcase your innermost creativity. We definitely have a talented artist on our hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel, means a lot!!xx

      Delete
  6. Aw I love these! I really like that you sketch the same way that people would take photographs of things that catch their eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is so much fun too! Thank you Janexx

      Delete
  7. Those are beautiful sketches! I don't know how you managed to not eat the tart.. I would have ended up drawing the crumbs!

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard, I kept smelling it too aaaah the challenge! hahaxx

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, these are just whimisical. I love that you use what's around you, be it through your window or what you're eating, to inspire your art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sketches!

    Grace | polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous of your sketch book it is so lovley x

    ReplyDelete