Wednesday 18 September 2013

London's Finest Cheese (I don't even like cheese...)

I'll explain the title later, but to begin with, I WENT ON THE BEST TUBE. It was one long carriage and you could see all the way down and every curve we went on you could see the whole thing bend. Awesome.

The reason I was in London to start with was for the London universities Open Day. After having taken pages of notes & bombarded the lecturers with questions, it was of course time to hit the streets of London to meet both E & my dad for lunch, who both happened to be working in London on the same day.


We met in the Spitalfields area where E was working & naturally we were spoilt for choice.

In the end we settled for this huge falafal sandwich (no idea on official the name...). I think I was more attracted to the look of it than the actual taste, but nevertheless it was tasty & incredibly filling for the size of it...



In the afternoon, I searched Spitalfields & Covent Garden for traditional food from different cultures - this is what I'm focusing on for my A2 Art. How come I couldn't find a single food market in Spitalfields?!

Incidentally, this photo below includes 3 of my favourite things right now: my scarf, stripy top & new boots! I wear all three a lot.


After searching nearly everywhere for some cultural food. I landed upon an adorable little British cheese shop.

I don't even like cheese (there's where I got that title) but this shop was perfect for my art. No kidding. The owner was really helpful when I told him I was there for my art & gave me loads of papers and information about the cheeses.




Just look at those textures! Not sure how I can approach drawing cheeses, but it's worth a go, maybe watercolour? Let me know if you have any suggestions.



It was a looovely day (I even managed to pop into Urban Outfitters, ooh yeah!). And on a completely unrelated note, I'm back doing work experience this week, woooo. Except this time I have to do it after school, so everything is pretty busy right now... but I looove it.


Listening toooo: 'Sleepyhead' by Passion Pit & 'You're The One That I Want' by Angus & Julia Stone



15 comments:

  1. Oh I love Spitalfields! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd never been before this, and I loved it, so much was on offerxx

      Delete
  2. love the yellow scarf! My favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wear it all the time it is sooo softxx

      Delete
  3. love the yellow scarf! My favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheese - I am finding this place!

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are super doope friendly too, definitely recommend itxx

      Delete
  5. You don't like cheeeeeese? I couldn't live without cheese! All types and as smelly as you like :)

    Spitalfields is great for little shops such as this. Great photos.

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's even stranger that I don't like cheese when you find out I'm French! Thank you Carolinexx

      Delete
  6. Ye Spitalfields isnt really a food market. Not the stalls anyways. But I do love that cheese shop! I've been there and, since I'm a massive cheese lover, was never disappointed!

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha even me who doesn't like cheese loved the shop! The arrangement was so prettyxx

      Delete
  7. Oh, notes notes notes :( Does it ever end?
    I love cheese a lot, but I wish it didn't make me so sick! It's one of those guilty pleasures I take part of, cheese consumption!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! Although I didn't mind all the notes this time, it was really useful. Aw no poor youxx

      Delete