Sunday 18 August 2013

Equestrian Adventure

Whilst in France, my cousins, E & I (oh how very gramatically correct...) decided to go on a 'balade a cheval' in a nearby forest. Seeing as none of us had been riding for a long long time, this was a little daunting but very exciting.


The stables were small but very picturesque and as we waited for our horses to be ready & rested, we had a chance to pet the smaller ponies who were adorable. I wanted to hide one and take it home with me, but they were slightly too big for my pockets...



Once our horses were ready, we set off for our walk/trot in the forest.

It began very bumpy with a steep descent into the entrance of the forest but as we got to the softer grounds, I stopped thinking I was going to fall off & started to relax a little more (you wouldn't be able to tell I had had lessons a few years back...). It was lovelyyyyy, especially in the depths of the forest!



The next day, we all woke up sore & achy but it was worth it - its a really nice way to discover the the area in a relaxing way.

Listening toooo: 'Homesick (Ghost)' by Radical Face over and over and over and over and over again...


13 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I've never actually ridden a horse before, this looks like the perfect place to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, the surroundings were beautiful and the horses were so calm! Although when I learnt it was in a sandy area which feels much smoother & no aches the next day aha!xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics =)

    xOxO <3

    http://sissihope.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun adventure-I love horseback riding but I always regret it just a bit in the morning...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean one of my cousins and myself in particular understood this, sitting down was painful for days after haha!xx

      Delete
  4. Oh I love horse riding! I had to give it up when I started a new school-gutted!
    Very very jealous, it looks lovely!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame, at least you learnt a bit, I had to quit too a while back. Thanks Emily, it was a perfect way to discover the areaxx

      Delete
  5. This looks like so much fun!
    I still have my horse on my parents farm in South Africa, but as I usually go only go there once a year I'm also pretty nervous when I first get on!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you have a horse, even if you do only get to see it once a year, I'm sooo jealous aha! It was lovely thank you Luluxx

      Delete
  6. thanks for the comment on my blog, i replied to your comment :) all the pictures on your recent posts are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so fun! I haven't been horse riding in years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be able to ride - horses scare me though :(

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos! i'd love to be able to go horse riding ...love radical face too! xx

    ReplyDelete