Wednesday 13 February 2013

The Roaring Twenties

If I could choose to live in any period, it would be the 1920s. They were incredible. Oozing with class and sophistication, who wouldn't want to live in the time of Gatsby?

In anticipation for the film, I've been flicking through my big book of vogue covers and adore the fashion drawings of the time. Inspired by their beautiful outfits and 'chic' appearance, I thought I might try a few of my own...

So here is a peek into my sketchbook, a 20s inspired double page spread.


15 comments:

  1. Watch bright young things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, the 20s fashion looked amazing.
    Lovely pictures too :)

    muffinsandsomething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your drawings! I am pretty chuffed about the Gatsby movie, too :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These drawings are so cute! I've never read The Great Gatsby and reaally need to! Especially before the film comes out - this has inspired me to do so even more XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I totally recommend it, it really is a lovely readxx

      Delete
  5. I love the 20's fashion too. Great sketches!

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are brilliant, so beautiful!

    Would love to see more of your illustrations.

    Check out my blog if you can xxx

    http://sophie-acrosstheuniverse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Post!!! I adore the twenties!

    SSSx

    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO brilliant! Love it when other people post their work on their blogs :')

    ReplyDelete